Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bonjour!

Hi everyone!

Wow! I have a blog! This is very exciting, mostly because I have always wanted to keep a journal, and write down my thoughts and share them with others. Not only is my journal very neglected, it doesn't even exist! Haha, corny.

Unfortunately I can't write too much because I'm doing so well at improving my worst quality: procrastination. I'm sure many of you know what that is ;). To sum up my present life, I have just finished Miss Kansas 2009, which was a BLAST. I had so. much. fun. And I learned a lot. I think it finally pushed me over to the other side of procrastination (plus the thought of starting med school). There was a lot of work involved, especially since it was my very first time and I had no idea what I was doing. However, if I had just started later and taken more active initiative, it would have ran smoother and I might have performed better! Either way, I made Top 10 which was awesome and crucial since only Top 10 compete on Saturday final competition night, and that was the only night my parents were able to attend since they had to fly in from California. My peers were truly remarkable women and each and every one of them has given me something to take back from the experience.

I wish I could just talk and talk about it but I am re-applying to KU and applying to some D.O. schools and UMKC and I really need to finish it soon....because I AM GOING TO DO A MEDICAL SERVICE LEARNING TRIP IN SOUTH AMERICA!!! yayyyyy. I am super excited. SUPER. It is from August 15-28 in Costa Rica and Panama. We will go to villages and set up clinics and provide basic healthcare checkups and assessment, treatments, and education for those people who don't have the accessiblity or affordablity to obtain it. It is a great learning experience for me because we basically act as family care interns and get to stitch, give shots, i think even deliver babies if needed! It also is an impactful way to give back, and puts meaning back into my very currently dull uncultured life. Miss Kansas has given me practice and opportunity for seeking sponsorship since the trip will cost me roughly $2500 dollars so I need to start raising money as well. If you know someone who can help, please let me know! If you are interested, they have all types of trips including medical, dental, vet, spanish, educational, biology, etc. Visit islonline.org for more infomation.

Other things to do:
Paint
Garage sale!
Learn more guitar
Learn French


I leave you with one other thing: It is too expensive to go to Makeup Rehab, but it is too expensive not to.










No comments:

Post a Comment